Friday, July 15, 2016

Folks Magazine Features Young Man's Struggle With Crohn's Disease

Everyone should check out this online magazine called FOLKS (http://folks.pillpack.com) that publishes great stories about people who are living with chronic conditions but without reducing them to their conditions.
They are featuring a great story about John Capecelatro's Crohn's Disease which left him unable to eat and bedridden for weeks on end.  But this computer programmer has learned to savor his friends, family and every moment of health.  Read it HERE!

Jenni's Guts gives a big THANKS to the folks at FOLKS for their amazing work!

2 comments:

Britt said...

Thanks for sharing this article. It hits home for me. John reminds me of myself, but in my story, my wife has Crohn's. We've been married a little over 4 years and not a day goes by that I don't worry about her. Not a day goes by that I don't pray for her. I feel so defeated by this disease. It takes your soul. People don't understand the amount of suffering you go through with Crohn's. I am hopeful though that we will have a medical breakthrough the future. Pioneering research is being done to prove that Crohn's is caused by a bacterial infection (mycobacterium avium paratuberculosis). I am confident this will be the breakthrough that we have been praying for. Treatments are being trialed as we speak (RHB-104) and leading experts from around the globe are working together to identify this elusive infection and destroy it.

Anonymous said...

Feel free to delete because I know it is a link. Just a new blog!
crohnscannabisandmee.wordpress.com