Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Summertime Insomnia

I'm so tired. I sporadically sleep.  Maybe an hour or two at a time.  Two if I'm lucky.  Every night it's the same thing.  I go to bed and want to sleep.  I'm tired.  I desire sleep.  I've even started taking short walks and doing other mild exercises during the day to wear myself out so I have to sleep.  I've been in contact with my doctor and had my meds changed several times to accommodate better sleep.  Still, nothing.  Maybe a good night here or there but by and large I'm not sleeping.  There is nothing on my mind.  It's not racing.  There are no thoughts - other than staring at the alarm clock wondering when I'll sleep.  I've even resorted to turning the TV off at night and sleeping in a pitch dark room.  I'm so afraid of the dark it's almost paralyzing so I've always used a TV as a night light.  But now I'm to the point where I welcome the unknown monsters in the dark if it means they will kill me and I'll be able to sleep.  I've completely lost my mind to insomnia.

As I type this I'm listening to Loki sacked out on the couch snoring his heart out twitching his little paws deep in puppy dreams.  I'm jealous.  I'm so tired.  I'm afraid to nap during the day for fear I won't sleep at night - yet I'm not sleeping at night anyway.

That's all for now.  My brain can't handle much more.  Love to all!

1 comment:

Nefarious D said...

I always hate it when I cannot even get the 3-4 hours of sleep that I normally get. According to my doctor I have been insane for years due to this. So, I know that pain.