Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Food and Crohn's

A lot of people have commented on my blog with questions and suggestions about my diet.  Some diets work well for some and not others - this is obvious.  But for me it's a roll of the dice mostly.  Due to the fact that I can eat something one time and it doesn't bother me, then the next time I eat it, it can tear me up.  Every day is a new adventure, but I have found that some foods that are almost always ok or almost always not okay.  Plus, I am a very picky eater.  I don't like a lot of things and just recently added bananas to my diet.  I went for years and wouldn't even taste one.   That's why I cannot and do not follow any certain, specific diet.  I just don't like what's offered in most diets.

Well, what do I eat?  Here's my list:

Generally Good and Safe Foods
Potatoes
Rice
Couscous
Noodles
Crackers
Apples
Bananas
Cantaloupe
Kiwi
Strawberries
Cheese
Chicken
Fish
Beef
Pork
Chicken noodle soup
Luncheon meats - turkey/chicken/ham/bologna
Carrots
Avocados
Humus

Foods I can only sometimes eat
Spaghetti (sauce)
Pizza (sauce)
Taco seasoned meats
Yogurt
Milk
Iced Cream
Bread
Eggs
Tomato Soup
Popcorn
Lettuce/salad
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Corn
Refried beans
Chinese food
Fast food
Fried food
Chocolate

Do not eat unless you want to pay for it foods
Onions/Peppers (I don't like them anyway)
Anything spicier than mashed potatoes
Chili
Oats
Granola
Nuts
Pop/Soda
Cream sauces

That's a brief, right off the top of my head list.  I'll probably add to it. Now you know what I do/do not and can/cannot eat. 

HAPPY EATING!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is SO individual. I can't eat meats to save my life but you can. I wish more people could just accept that we know what we can and cannot do. Not like we choose to lead a restricted life. I would be over the moon if I could have corn = but I can't.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your yes list is SOOO different from mine! I wish this weren't so individual! Good luck with list. I struggle with mine