Monday, February 9, 2015

Confirmed

Well I ended up having to have the colonoscopy.  It was gross.  But it showed that I have mild ulcerations of Crohn's disease in my colon just past where my anastamosis is .  (Where they hooked my two intestines back together after my resection.)  The Entocort is the best med for me to be on right now, however, Dr GI also wants me to have Pentasa for maintenance but my stupid insurance won't pay for it.  They say that they won't pay for anything more that 4 pills a day.  Pentasa is given at a dose of 4 pills 4 times a day.  Apparently the MDs at the insurance company know something my doctor doesn't.  Oh, what's that?  There aren't MDs at the insurance company making these decisions?  They are just corporate desk jockeys making medical decisions about peoples' lives without so much as a nursing degree?  Oh that's right.  That's how America works now.

Soooo, it's a waiting game that my husband is fighting with the insurance company over for me.  We'll see who wins.  But I'm not bitter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

jenni. I have 3 bottles full of pentasa (like the huge bottles) that my GI dr prescribed to me. if you want to contact me we can work something out.

im not longer taking any of those meds bc my symptoms were not in control. I now do the humira injections.

morgannculberson@yahoo.com

BrightSide said...

You have an awesome husband. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :)
And oh yeah, hi again fellow Crohn's blogger!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the pentasa thing's a blessing. I was on it for a long time with few results. More side effects than anything and 16 more pills a day sucks. Smoke some pot sister!