Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween tricks but no treats.

Just a quick update.  I got a letter from Social Security the other day that said they can set up my hearing date via teleconferencing.  I was stoked,  I thought this would be a great way for me to actually get my name on the docket in this century.  The very next day, however, I received a copy of a letter from my attorney that she had already sent, prior to my knowledge, to Social Security that stated she will not do the hearing via teleconferencing and she demands an in person hearing because that is her preferred method.  Didn't even check with me, just sent this directly to Social Security.  I figure with that kind of response I am sure to be moved back so far on the docket that maybe the judge's grandchild will actually hear my case.

Because I have been out of work for just 2 months shy of a year, we are barely scraping by on one income.  It is not my husband's fault.  He has a great job and makes decent money, however he has to pay for all the health insurance (that barely covers anything anymore) and by the time he actually brings home the money it is practically half of what he makes.  It's ridiculous. And sad.  And about fifteen cents too much to get any kind of assistance.

We are in the process of losing our house.  We are trying to find cheaper accommodations, but things just don't seem to be going our way.  It's just one roadblock after another.  I'm not sure what we are going to do at this point.  Things are looking quite bleak and I blame myself.  Because it truly is my fault in all honesty.

No I didn't choose to be sick, I know that.  But if I wasn't sick none of this would be happening to us.  My body has literally forsaken me.  I am so angry and so stressed and of course, that only exasperates the situation.  I am having more bad days than good but for some stupid reason unbeknownst to me, I keep waking up every day.  Is it wrong to hope for the zombie apocalypse so money will no longer be worth anything and be as totally useless as I feel?  Besides, I hear brains don't give you diarrhea.

Happy Halloween all!

1 comment:

nathan said...

you are not alone. my story is similar but also different from yours. i also feel like a loser and a drain and hopeless and depressed. i'm not trying to cheer you up, but i heard somewhere that misery loves company.