Sunday, June 30, 2013

What just happened?

Within the last few weeks lots has happened.  I had and EGD and follow up appointment with my new GI and it went well.  Nothing weird showed up on the EGD.  He did scheduled me for a small bowel follow through (did it in 15 minutes by the way!) and I'm not sure of those results but no one has called me screaming I'm dying though so I'm not worried about that.  However, in January before my hernia surgery I was found to have this "pill" thing in my right lower iliac crest - hip area. This was seen on an X ray and going further back in my records and films they noticed it has been there for at least four years.  Hmmmm.  Weird.

My previous GI decided he would take this "thing" out during a colonoscopy right before my hernia surgery and he took a picture of removing "something" from my colon and said it was "just a pill" and he didn't, I repeat, DID NOT send it to pathology because he said it would be a waste of money for it to come back as just a pill.  Well, when I had the preliminary X ray before the small bowel follow through I got to see the X ray myself.  What did I notice, you ask?  This thing in my lower right iliac crest that looked just like a pill.  How was this again in my body.  Or was it ever really removed?  After all, nothing went to pathology.  So I immediately get on the horn and called my new GI and explained the whole situation.  Dr GI has decided to send me for a CT Scan tomorrow to figure out what this thing is in my body.  He said it was not in my colon or any of my organs.  So what the heck is it, how did it get there and what did previous Dr. GI take out, if anything, and why did he lie - obviously - about it????

Now, on top of this my Fibromyalgia has been raging.  I spoke of this in my last post where I said I was going to talk to my boss about cutting my hours back.  Well, I got what I wanted but not exactly how I'd hoped.  I got let go.  Not because of my illness(es) but some other stupid reason that I just don't want to get into.  Now I'm unemployed again.  Grrrr!!!  I hate job hunting.

As if that wasn't enough the Hubs had to go back to the hospital the other night due to complications from his Chiari Malformation and Syrnix.  He has been having some bad head and neck pain lately and he was afraid he was going to have to have another surgery.  I was afraid he was going to have to have another surgery also.  Mainly because the last time he went through this he nearly died from complications including staph infection in his blood, pneumonia, his spinal fluid was leaking out the back of his head and he contracted bacterial meningitis.  I really didn't want him - or me - to have to go through all that again.  He had some CT scans and MRIs and it was determined that it wasn't the Chiari again. He's back home and doing okay, but he will be meeting with a Neurosurgeon and Neurologist within the next few weeks.

It's been stressful to say the least.  Stress plus all my health issues means not good for me.  And it's hard for me to not be the patient so when I had to sit around and pace the floors and pray in dark corners and watch my husband sleep but go over 30 hours without sleeping myself, I hated it.  Plus he got way better drugs that I do when I go to the hospital.  But I'm not bitter.

So what's my plan?  Well, I painted my toenails red and I'm going to drink my barium prep for the CT scan tomorrow.  Try to get some rest tonight.  Get that CT scan out of the way and hope they can tell me what the thing is inside my body.  I'm going to start applying for some jobs and I'm going to be going to some doctor's appointments with Hubs.  I'm just going to do what needs done.  Lying in a dark room filling Kleenex after Kleenex with tears has gotten me no where.  I like my new plan better.  Besides, my mom keeps telling me I'm a survivor.  God, I hope she's right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are definitely a survivor and I love you very much!
Mom