Sunday, May 26, 2013

I've got a brand new pair of roller skates....not really.

I don't really have a brand new pair of roller skates but I have that song stuck in my head.  What I do have is a brand new GI!  I found one that actually wants to try some treatment for my increasing nausea and diarrhea and he isn't telling me it is just bile salt diarrhea and leaving it at that.  He went old school and provided me with prescriptions  for Librax, Reglan, and Lomotil. 

Dr. GI Dude thinks that my stomach is emptying too slowly but my bowels are working too quickly and apparently those two organs are completely separate entities and one doesn't really affect the other necessarily.  I thought everything just ran through me to fast.  But apparently things may be getting hung up in my belly causing the nausea and then the bile acid diarrhea is happening due to my having so much of the bowel removed and having no gall bladder to re route the bile back to the liver.  I've never had it explained before.  Imagine that. 

So I got some new meds and I get to have a EGD done to make sure I'm not all ulcery in my belly.  That's scheduled for Wednesday this week and I wouldn't be surprised if I have an ulcer because I seriously found a whole fracking patch of gray hair in the back of my head yesterday.  ACK!!!

I also have a new little box of hair color!  ;)

Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

Annabel said...

I'm glad you like your new GI. I hope the meds are working for you! I recently had to change to a new GI... changing doctors scares me a little, but so far it's been good. Best wishes to you! - Annabel (I have UC)