Tuesday, March 12, 2013

B.O.R.E.D.

I have started spring cleaning and did way too much this past weekend, so of course I am back to laying around, eating Ibuprofen like candy, and making friends with the heating pad.  Grrr!  I want to repaint my bathroom, hallway and kitchen.  I need to clean.  I am bored out of my mind and stuck doing nothing.  Stupid surgery.  Stupid body.  I'm running out of stupid movies to watch on Netflix!

During my checkup with the surgeon a couple weeks ago, she said everything was healing fine.  I was feeling just how I was supposed to.  I told her that the pain felt almost worse than what it did when I've had open surgeries though this one was done with a scope.  She said something to the effect of, oh yea that's true.  Scope surgeries like this one do hurt worse than open surgeries but it was better for me to do it the way she did.  Gee, I've never felt so "normal". 

I'm still not back to work.  I was supposed to be able to go right back to where I was working after I was released from doctor's care but apparently there are no openings.  Which doesn't really make sense but whatever.  I'm back on the job hunt.  I hate this.  I need to work.  I don't want this huge gap in my resume.  Stupid job market.  You'd think with the nursing shortage I'd have a shot somewhere.  No.  :(

So that's that.  As soon as I start feeling better I think there will be some painting in my future.  I'm excited.  I love to paint!!!  More later.  When I'm not so bored and actually have something exciting to talk about. 

2 comments:

Lindsay Kayla said...

This is hilarious! I seriously love you! I have had Crohn's since I was 8 years old. I totally know what you are talking about! You gave me a good laugh! Thank you!



-KP

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. Love it so much! Just curious...Is ibuprofen your go-to for pain? i was told to stay away from it like the plague, and am also convinced that an ibuprofen regimen for a separate condition was my original trigger.