Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mom's House of Healing

Sorry for no updates while I was in surgery and in the hospital.  Things didn't exactly go as expected.  The hernia was fixed, tons of scar tissue was removed and there appeared to be no active Crohn's disease...all a huge plus.  However the surgeon did the whole procedure through a scope.  I've never had scope surgery before - always the huge cutting and huge scar on my stomach.  That's what I was prepared for.  Now I have five little scars to contend with.  I'm honestly not sure what to make of this.  I still hurt, I feel like I have air trapped in my stomach that will never leave.  I keep getting twinges of pain when I move and I just want it to be over with.  It was a scope and that is better right?  It feels worse. 

But on the bright side I have no active disease.  I was only in the hospital for three days and then retreated to my Mom's House of Healing to recuperate before I face the huge beastly dogs at my own home.  They get a little excited and sometimes jump up and one of my beasts is a 130 lb German Shepard who is convinced he is a lapdog and only the size of a teacup chihuahua.  He oozes love but it's unlikely that I'd be able to move out of the way before he launches himself at me from far across the room all the while trying to escape the two smaller mutts nipping at me up close. 

Anywho, I'm at my Mom's and she is making my meals, doing my laundry, getting me anything I want and spoiling me with endless cups of coffee and hot chocolate. And I have been allowed to use her awesome walk in shower that could fit at least ten people comfortably.  It's like being a kid again.  It's really nice.  I'm not sure I want to go back to the reality of my own life.  I do miss my family and my dogs though so I'll be venturing back home this weekend. 

So that's the news on my bad belly front.  I'm really sore - I hurt all over actually - and I'm still pooping a million times a day.  And even though I'm all swollen and it still looks like I have a hernia I am assured that the lump will go away in a few months.  I'm not holding my breath. 

1 comment:

Eileen B said...

Jenni-I've only just learned about your blog, so this is the first post I am writing. I recently, 1/8/13, just had my first surgery, an ileocolic resection, and I thought I would never have a flat belly or feel well again. Well I can say that I feel 110% better than I did before and immediately after. You will too! I'm going to read back through your other posts to get to know you and definitely look forward to following your journey! Good Luck to you!