Saturday, February 16, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I made it back home from Mom's House of Healing, survived the onslaught of dog love and am officially a member of my family again.  It's good to be home.  The Hubs is a little more over protective in what I am doing then my Mom was, but he hasn't been with me for the last week so he's allowed. Every time I move he gives me the: "What are you doing?"  "Where are you going?"  "What do you need?" It's sweet really. 

The kid has continued her usual teenage role.  On the way home from my Mom's I wasn't in the car for two seconds before she bombarded me with "Can I spend the night at Lauren's tomorrow?"  I hadn't even had a chance to sit down at home before she asked what was for dinner.  Teenagers - it's always all about them.  I'm not sure she even noticed I was gone to be honest.  My mother-in-law, bless her heart, had a hot meal waiting for my husband and daughter every night I was gone.  Here I thought they'd live on pizza and tacos.  (Thanks Granny!)

I ventured out to the grocery store today.  That was fun.  Really, it was.  I wasn't allowed to lift anything, push the cart, bag the groceries or carry anything in from the car.  I may have to milk that for a while longer!  It was nice to get out and walk around and see that the world didn't stop while I did.  Which in all reality is not the way things should be since I am the center of the universe and everything!! :)

Pain is still lingering.  A lot on my right side lately.  The left side has eased up a bit.  I keep reminding myself I'm not even two weeks out from surgery and it is going to hurt.  It's supposed to hurt.  But man, it HURTS!  I'm really trying not to take the pain pills (unusual for me, I know) but I don't want to run out and not have any if I really need something.  I'm not sure when the next prescription will come. I have five one inch incisions on my stomach now.  They glued them shut so I am excited to see how they will heal up.  Right now they just hurt and are kind of itchy.  That's a good thing. 

So that's my update.  Thanks to all the new followers and readers.  I might not respond to every one of your comments but I do read them and am very appreciative of all of you.  Thanks so much!  Good health to all. 

No comments: