Saturday, January 12, 2013

Broken heart

Today I had to say good bye to my "poop dog" companion, my dog Baylee.  She was always there with me for almost the whole entire time I've had Crohn's disease.  I'm heart is broken but we found out she had cancer that metastasized to her  lungs.  She got increasingly worse over the last week since the diagnosis and we decided it would be best to let her go.  She went peacefully with my loving arms wrapped around her and lots of kisses and many tear drops.  My life will never be the same.  I miss her so much already. 

Me and Baylee sleeping in a few years ago.

Her looking at me while I was on the toilet as if to say "It's ok Mom, I'm here."  Either that or "YOU STINK!!"

1 comment:

Rachel Doxey said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loving companion. I tear up when I think about losing my faithful Crohn's companion...