Tuesday, January 29, 2013

10 Days and Counting

My surgery is going to be on February 8th.  I have already packed most of what I'm taking since I will be in the hospital for about a week afterwards.  I have been checking things off the famous "to do" list every day and getting closer and closer to having everything that needs to be finished before I go to the hospital completed. 

I'm getting more anxious as the days slowly pass.  My pain is increasing and only succeeding in reminding me that I am doing the right thing.  I'm not tolerating much food but I'm eating anyway since I know I won't be eating much while I'm in the hospital.  It's true I'm looking forward to some serious weight loss.  And drugs, I'm looking forward to the drugs.

Really all I have left to do is get my eye brows waxed and actually shave my legs for the first time this year!  Pretty much everything else is done.  I took the polish off my nails but did give myself a nice purple polish pedicure.  It's those little things that just have to be done so I can feel somewhat human while I'm writhing in pain with bedhead for a week or so.  It's funny the prep I do when I know I will be staying at the hospital for a while.  Do I really need my hair dryer and straightener?  Yes.  I could maybe take a shower and wash my hair while I'm there.  Sponge baths aren't what they used to be.  Do I need seven pairs of socks and 12 pairs of underwear?  Yes.  I'll probably wear every one too! Now all that's left is the day to actually get here.

I'm looking forward to more answers about why I'm in such pain, maybe even answers to why I have such extreme diarrhea all the time.  I want answers for this nausea I've been having too.  So come on 10 days, let's hurry up.  Let's do this thing!

No comments: