Friday, August 31, 2012

A Walk to End Alzheimer's

My grandmother had Dementia.  I work with a whole floor of residents who suffer from varying degrees of Alzheimer's and Dementia.  It's scary and sad and sometimes even a little comical.  I see how this disease destroys people who were once something so much more.  I'm participating in the Walk to End Alzheimer's through my work in a few weeks.  Consider a donation for me.  It will help a great cause that is near and dear to me and I will also get a cool Tshirt if I meet all my donation requirements.  And this girl loves her Tshirts!!  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog! Love it! You are an inspiration! I just had surgery due to crohn's, with 15 inches of terminal illeum removed, ileal cecal valve removed, appendix removed, and 5in of first part of colon removed. Have had constant diarrhea. I was wondering how many inches of intestines have you had removed? Also, I had to go back to ER due to abscess. Had to have it drained, and a home with picc line for antibiotics.

Jenni said...

Thanks for your nice comment. I'm glad you have found my blog and it provides you with some inspiration. :) I have had about 3 and 1/2 feet of my small intestine removed and my ileocecal valve removed also. That was back in 1996. I'm so sorry to hear you are having a rough time of things. Please visit the other blogs and resources I have linked on here. There is a lot of support to be found. Good luck and God bless!! :)