Friday, April 27, 2012

Challenge Day 27 - Failure

I failed to post the last two days because I had to attend a CPR class, a nurse's meeting, orientation and a doctor's appointment.  Too much going on to stop and think about writing.  My apologies.

Today is a Top 5 post.  The 5 most difficult parts of my health focus and the 5 small victories that keep me going.  Here goes...

Top 5 most difficult parts of having Crohn's

1.  Having to go - NOW!  When I have to go I have to go immediately.  If I cannot get to a bathroom within seconds I will have a mess.  It is the most annoying part of Crohn's for me.  It is also the part of having this disease that causes me the most anxiety. 

2.  Doctor visits and test.  I loathe going to the doctor.  I loathe having to wait in waiting rooms full of people I always deem sicker than myself.  I loathe having tests and procedures.  I loathe the preps for the tests and everything they encompass. 

3.  Not being able to eat what I want when I want.  Some days a girl just wants to eat popcorn for dinner.  I can't.

4  Dealing with people's "helpful" advice and stupid comments.  If I had a dime for every time I have heard "You are way too young to be on so much medicine, have this test done, have all those health problems, etc..." I would totally be richer than Bill Gates. 

5.  Trying to maintain some kind of life even though I feel like crap.  I don't get days off for having diarrhea and a stomach ache.  If that were the case I'd never leave the house. 

Top 5 small victories that keep me going

1.  Not pooping myself.  It sounds like an easy task but lately it is harder than it sounds.  If I make it through the night without waking up in a mess I am pretty pleased with myself.

2.  Making it through the grocery store without having to stop half way and poop.  It happens rarely.

3.  Traveling without incident.  I was able to make it all the way to and from Hershey, Pennsylvania without having to have an emergency stop.  Seven hours both ways!!  Yay me!

4.  Going a week or more without having to take Lomotil.  Some days I can tolerate the diarrhea.  Some days I can't.

5.  Being able to laugh with others who share Crohn's and/or Colitis.  Knowing I'm not a total freak who loves to talk about poop. 

No comments: