Monday, April 2, 2012

Challenge Day 2

Today's challenge is: Who said it best? Today, focus on something you’ve heard, read, or even said as the basis for your post.

The best thing that comes to mind for this post is a favorite quote of mine from the Bible.  Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord should be praised. ~ Proverbs 31:30 

There really isn't a big health activist, Crohn's disease, or even Fibromyalgia feel to this really, but it does mean something to me.  This speaks to me because Crohn's stole my body, my outer beauty.  The older I get the more scars I obtain.  My body is stretched and pulled and scared and falling apart literally from the inside out.  It is harder and harder to hide now and things don't 'bounce back' quite like they once did.  But all of these scars, these battle wounds, show what a fighter I am.  They tell a story of what I have been through and most importantly what I have overcome. And though the fight isn't over and more scars will come, I know that God is with me.  If I can't be praised for my beautiful body any more , at least I can be praised for fearing the Lord!

No comments: