Friday, January 20, 2012

Meds Please


It amazes me how much medication we dump into our systems.  Even if we are basically healthy we still eat medication like candy.  I'm not currently taking anything for my Crohn's, though I probably should be.  But every morning and every night I take a handful of medicine.  Some to help acid reflux, some for depression and insomnia, some for pain from Fibromyalgia, some for hormones since I had a hysterectomy.  Some for my blood pressure. Sometimes I take a couple meds for my intestines; some to stop the belly rumblings or to slow things down, or for nausea.  It's ridiculous when you think about it.  These handfuls of medication keep me going day in and day out.  And there isn't even anything in here for Crohn's.  There was a time when I took 48 pills a day.  That's just nuts. 

No comments: