Sunday, September 4, 2011

Boring was better

Well after my post about my life being boring my guts decided to mix things up a bit.  I have been passing blood for the last two days every single time I go to the bathroom.  And that has been A LOT in the last 72 hours.  So much so that I have started taking the Lomotil again and it doesn't seem to be helping.  And so much so that, I am so embarrassed to admit this, but I have have two "accidents" in the middle of the night.  I can honestly say that I have never had that happen to me in the 16+ years I have had Crohnn's and Crohn's related issues until the last few nights.  I don't know if it is because my body is so tired that the urge isn't kicking my brain awake in time for me to get up and go or what.  But at least this has happened while I am at home.  And the bright side is that I got to buy some new undies today.  Yea, not worth it...

So with the bleeding, I am thinking it is hemorrhoids because it is bright red and that's my usual MO occasionally.  This time is just different because it has lasted for a couple days and that's not normal for me.  Of course none of this has me worried enough to call Dr. GI yet because I know he will just want to do testing of some kind and everything will come back normal so I think I will just wait it out.  If it continues into next week I will probably call but it will definitely be under protest. 

1 comment:

K said...

Oh no! What about fissures? I know they can be a culprit, too. I hope everything starts to settle down in there - I'm sure the stress of the job isn't helping. I think you need a nice, long bubble bath! ;-)