Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pee Pee Dance!

My boss has made several comments about me always being in the bathroom.  Usually said while joking about getting me a walkie talkie or headset device so she can find me and talk to me when I'm in there.  I usually quip something back about it being a wise financial investment, but deep down I know I need to come clean with my health situation and tell her just exactly why I am in there so much.  I just don't want to go down that road...again.

The really bad part is that for the last several months I have been having some serious swelling in my legs and feet and recently I have noticed it in my hands.  About a year ago my family doc had put me on minor diuretic because I was having the same issues only not quite as bad as I am now.  Last year when I ended up in the hospital for pancreatitis they took me off of it and blamed the medicine for the cause of the pancreas getting so angry.  I didn't think anything about it really and never really had an issue with the minor swelling.  I was a little more concerned about the pancreatitis at the time. 

But lately the swelling has been really bad.  So bad that I broke down and saw the doctor again.  She put me on a different, much stronger, diuretic that would be much easier on my pancreas.  I started taking it Saturday.  I've already lost 7 pounds of water weight and it's only Tuesday!  Apparently I was holding onto some serious fluid. The problem is that now I am in the bathroom twice as much because I have to pee so often.  I think I am destine to live my life in the crapper.

Another jacked internet photo!
I have to admit though that it had been a while since I had seen the tendons in my feet.  I saw them again yesterday and was a little more than excited. It's the little things.  Once all the swelling went down I realized just how bad it had been.  Kinda makes me wonder why it was there in the first place.  Being a nurse, maybe I should already know that.  But I don't.  But the pills seem to be working and I guess I'm okay with that.  I'm just really tired of always being in the bathroom.

3 comments:

ALinc said...

You should just tell your boss what is up. It will take a load off your shoulders, reduce your stress and give her understanding about the reason why you are always in there.
& maybe she'll stop joking about it.... it's nothing to joke about and would get old real quick - just my opinion

:)

Rae said...

Yep, you probably do need to enlighten your boss a bit. As I read, the thought that popped into my head was "It's a good thing you aren't a teacher!" We have to schedule our trips to the potty and if it gets urgent in between, we have to find someone to watch the little darlings because they cannot be left unattended.

armouris said...

more info on pancreatitis here - Pancreas and Pancreatitis