Saturday, April 9, 2011

Vitamin D and a word I can't spell

I now have a Rheumatologist. I have trouble spelling that word.  I shall refer to him from now on as Dr. Bones because he is basically treating me for my joint pain and Fibromyalgia. He ran a bunch of tests and found out that I am severely deficient in Vitamin D.  Why hadn't anyone figured this out until now?  He prescribed these pills I am supposed to take twice a week. I am not sure how this is going to work because if I am not absorbing Vitamin D through my food then I obviously may have trouble absorbing a pill.  I don't know.  Maybe it is mass quantities and some might get absorbed.  I actually haven't researched it enough to know.  I just take the pills...what's one more.  So far I don't feel any better but I have only taken 2 pills.  It probably takes a little longer than that. :)  Guess we shall wait and see.

No comments: