Thursday, March 10, 2011

So my eyes aren't supposed to be red all the time?

To know me personally is to know that my eyes are almost always red.  I have beautiful bloodshot eyes and the red really sets off my green eyes.  It's like Christmas all the time!  As much as I would like to say this is from smoking way too much weed, I can't.  It's just not true. 

Dr. GI has noticed the reddness of my eyes the last several times I have seen him.  He always looks into my eyes with a look on his face like "Hmm, that's interesting."  During my colonoscopy I asked him why my eyes are red.  I figured maybe he would say that I smoked too much weed.  (Again, kidding, I smoke just the right amount.  Okay, not really.  I don't smoke at all.)  Anyway, he said it could be because of Crohn's disease.  He called it Episcleritis.  I looked it up.  Click HERE to learn more.  Apparently it's common in those of us with IBD. Who knew?

2 comments:

William Malmborg said...

Wow, I never knew that. I have a something that is unknowingly common as well. They are small bumps on my arms just below my shoulder. All my life people told me they were from not drinking enough water (???) but then one day I noticed something online about tiny pimple like bumps on kids arms who have Crohn's Disease and asked my doctor about it and he told me they see that sometimes. Very odd.

Zara said...

That makes so much more sense! I have red eyes and they have been really bad lately. I have just been diagnosed. I am finding that everything is very connected to Crohn's