Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Drugs

Well I was feeling really good over the weekend but now my pancreas is hurting again.  I have drugs to help with the pain.  Lots of drugs.  Morphine, Percocet and Vicodin.  I've thought of taking them all at once but that's probably a bad idea.  It probably wouldn't help the pain anyway.  I saw Dr. GI Monday morning and, of course, was still feeling good from the weekend.  He said I didn't have to come back for 6 months unless I had a problem between now and then.  I was excited and thought I would be able to resume life as normal.  Take my state boards and get on with finding a nursing job.  Well, I woke up yesterday and realized that strange pain I was having in my upper stomach was the same pain I was having during the pancreatitis attack when I was in the hospital.  It's wasn't as bad (thank GOD!) but it was definitely there.  Today it's a little worse.  I've taken my Percocet and in a few hours will take something else to try and keep the pain at a minimum.  I just looked on the Ohio Nursing website and found that I am now in a PENDING status.  That means they will be sending me the information soon so I can schedule my test.  The problem is that I am wondering with this whole pancreas thing if I will even be able to hold a job.  Is it time for more drugs yet?

1 comment:

BrightSide said...

I don't think that sending you away for 6 months when you're in that kind of pain is ok. I would call him back up and explain that you aren't feeling as well as you thought you were, and this isn't 'ok'.