Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A huge sigh of relief

I challenged myself a year ago to actually take this accelerated LPN program and finish in 11 months.  I didn't think I would make it.  I thought my health wouldn't allow it.  I thought I would fail out.  I thought a lot of things.  I started with a class of 49.  I will graduate with just over 15.  I made it.  I am actually going to graduate this Saturday.  I never thought I would make it.  I especially can't believe I made it through these last few weeks.  With going to Indiana, spending time in the hospital there, having the EGD done this past Monday, taking pain medication like candy and still managing to pass every class (with all Bs thank you very much), I still don't know how I did it.  I thank God that He saw me through it all.  The closer I got to finishing the more I pushed myself.  My sheer determination to finish school impressed even me.  And I really don't think it has hit me yet.  I don't have to study for anything anymore.  There is no more homework, no more check offs, no more "tests that determine the rest of my life", no more classes, no more studying.  Now what should I do?  RN school is an option... Nah, not yet.

Okay, technically I still have to pass my state board test but I'm thinking that will be relatively easy compared to the HESI exit exam I had to take and I got well above the needed score on that test.  I think I am going to take a few weeks off and do some much needed resting, healing and contemplating my future as a nurse.  Probably will send some resumes out too.  :) 

Oh, and one more thing on the health front...I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a few weeks ago.  Does this surprise anyone?  It didn't me.

3 comments:

Minhee said...

Hi Jenni,

Thought you and your readers might be interested to hear that the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) is hosting a web teleconference on emerging advances in Crohn's disease on Oct. 6.

Feel free to email me at mchotemp@ccfa.org for more information.

Thanks!

BrightSide said...

Hi Jenni,

Congratulations!! You must be so proud of yourself! That's amazing! I bet that your own medical challenges made you even more determined.

Sounds like you are out of the Crohn's Club with your new diagnosis - but it must be nice to finally get a name for what's going on. Maybe that will be a first step to improvements.

Jenni said...

Thanks Minhee!

Thanks Brightside - I never thought I would be sad for being "out" of the Crohn's club. I still have Crohn's though, it's just in remission right now. Still pooping like a machine with pain and limited diet so maybe I don't have to be out just yet......