Thursday, August 19, 2010

Waiting ...

Well I am here in Indiana right across from the Lucas Oil Stadium, which means nothing to me but apparently I am smack in the middle of Colts country.  Can you tell I am so impressed??  I am sitting in the hotel waiting for tomorrow to roll around.  I really liked the doctor today and he explained everything to me - complete with pictures - and I feel good about the procedure.  He said it has a 60-70% chance of helping and I think that is pretty good considering he said my only other option is to go on major pain medication.  As much as I love my pain meds, the idea of being on them for a lifetime doesn't sound very appealing to me.  I am scared and nervous about the test. But these doctors are the best in the world at this apparently.  People come from all over to see them.  They are "thee doctors" for this and that makes me feel better.  My doctor is actually the doctor that trains all the other doctors.  That's kinda cool, right?  I miss my daughter and my dogs and my house already.  The idea of being so far from home right now isn't helping my anxiety.  I am waiting for the Ativan that they gave me to calm me down a little to kick in.  I took it three minutes ago so I am not sure why it isn't working yet.  I have to be at the hospital at 8 in the morning.  I hope to post something tomorrow night.  If you can get a signal out in the middle of the jungle, drop me a line.  :)  

1 comment:

BrightSide said...

Good luck! I hope all goes well.