Saturday, August 28, 2010

Home and in the home stretch

I am home from Indiana University.  Actually I have been since last Sunday night.  I had to rush to school Monday for a check off in IV Therapy lab.  (Passed it while still on morphine!!!)  I had clinical on Tuesday, skipped Wednesday and had tests on Thursday and Friday - which I passed with flying colors.  So now I finally rest.  Here's what happened.

I had the ERCP and they looked at my pancreas and determined I needed a stent put in the one duct.  I am not sure of all of the specifics because this process threw me into an attack of acute pancreatitis and I ended up in the hospital for three days doped up on morphine and totally out of touch with reality.  I was in a lot of pain.  I still am but every day is getting better.  I have noticed that I am having trouble eating though.  I get hungry but then when I eat my stomach hurts so bad it makes me wish I hadn't.  I'm not quite sure what that is all about.

I am supposed to go get an Xray next week to determine the placement of the stent.  I think it is supposed to come out at some point so they need to track it to see when it will, or if it did, or something.  How intelligent do I sound about what happened to me??  Not very, I know.  I'm more worried about school than anything.  I have just under 20 days until graduation.  This coming Friday I take the test to determine if I am eligible for graduation.  I am passing all my classes with no problem but this test is the overall test of all of your knowledge and if you don't pass it you don't graduate.  It's supposed to prepare you for the State Boards but honestly, I am more worried about this test than the Boards. 

So that's about it. I'm here.  Not feeling great but working on it I guess.  I'll keep you posted.  Can you believe I am almost done with school??  I can't!

No comments: