Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

It's a rainy, muddy Christmas morning in Ohio. But it's Christmas mud so yea! I am pleased to announce I got a wonderful pair of purple fuzzy slippers and a Tinkerbell blanket from my daughter. I love to be cozy and warm so you can imagine my happiness. She has made out pretty well so far and we still have yet to make it to the grandparents. To be a kid again on Christmas.....

I've been reflecting a lot lately on this past year. Being on Facebook you can use this application that gives you all of your statuses throughout the past year. Surprisingly, I looked at mine and saw that most of them revolved around stomach pain, head pain, whoas of Prednisone, waiting on doctors and praising God for the good things that managed to slip through the cracks somehow. I say 'surprisingly' because I really didn't think that the pains and problems of Crohn's and Crohn's related issues occupied my life so much. Yes, I write a blog about it. but I really thought there was a lot more too me than just that. I hate to think that this is what my life has become.

I've been thinking about things I want to change for the new year. Complaining less would definitely have to be on the top of that list. Stop letting little things irritate me would be another good one. But just coming up with these is one thing Finding actual ways to implement them and follow through is a whole other issue. I guess I have my work cut out for me for 2010. I do have to say that anticipating graduating nursing school is helping keep me positive. Working toward that goal is going to be a very important part of the coming new year.

UPDATE : I had the ERCP. So far it doesn't seem to have done much. I meet with Dr. GI on the 8th to go over the results. I was unable to obtain them due to the awesomeness of the unconscious state I was in after the test. The test itself was okay but the recoup afterwards has been really hard. My body was so sore I could barely move. I'm finally feeling better today. I also managed to get a huge gash in my throat, possibly where they intibated me. It still hurts pretty bad but every day it's getting better. My heating pad is my friend. Sleep seems to help too.

Well, without further ado, Merry Christmas to all! I hope everyone got everything they wanted and also remembers that Jesus is the whole purpose of celebrating Christmas.

No comments: