Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thai Food - really!!

I have made some new friends at school and regularly spend the four hour break we have between classes on Tuesdays hanging out with them blowing off steam. Today we went to the mall and walked around for about two hours. (Brandi & Casandra pictured)

We ate chocolate covered strawberries, got chair massages, got stalked by the hair straightener sales guys and after looking at some pretty intriguing items at Spencer's (mmmm, honey!) we ate Thai food for lunch. Yeah, Thai food.

Usually I do not ever experiment with food - especially when I am away from access to a bathroom in 2.3 seconds flat, but I was having such a good day that I decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it. I had Chicken Pad Thai and I liked it! It wasn't spicy, it was flavorful but not hot and I liked it! I went to the bathroom once when we got back to school but it wasn't anything too awful bad and I couldn't believe it. I actually ate Thai food and it didn't kill me. My stomach is really gurgly but it doesn't hurt at all. Surprising! What a good day!

Also, exciting news... we start clinicals next week. I get an actual live person to take care of. I'm kind of freaking out a little. I don't think I am ready to take care of real people after just five weeks of school but I guess they think I am. I found my Achilles heel in nursing though and it's not what I thought it would be. I will have more to say about this later.

So that's about it for right now. I'm hoping to sleep good. Mid term grades should be up and ready for viewing tomorrow and I think I totally bombed my nursing mid term but possibly pulled a C on my A&P test. UGH - it was a hard week!! I'll let ya know. Stay tuned.

Oh - and I go see Dr. GI tomorrow. Joy! And a quick note to Basik...good luck on your test Thursday. I still think you should have opted for the colonoscopy. ;)

No comments: