Saturday, October 31, 2009

School + Poop = UGH!

I don't know if it is harder to attend classes or study with all this chronic diarrhea. I have a little trouble concentrating with all the pooping. Just when I start getting a concept or begin to try and memorize something I gotta get up and go. I do have some pretty cool friends who think whatever is going on with my stomach is interesting so they don't seem to mind me running to the potty a lot. And it gives me a break to text and check my voice mail.

I am also having this acid issue because I ran out of Kapidex for my reflux and I lost my prescription! I started taking Prilosec twice a day instead but it isn't doing the trick. I will wake up in the middle of the night with acidy vomit in my mouth ... gross I know, but it burns and gags me and I'm pretty sure I am going to choke to death if it doesn't stop. I'm supposed to see Dr. GI this Wednesday so I am hoping to score some samples and get another prescription. I am also hoping he gives me something for this nagging pain I am having where they took my gall bladder out. You know - that "scar tissue" pain as Dr. GI labeled it. Well, it's getting pretty intense and it too, wakes me up in the middle of the night if I lay on my left side. I'm gonna need something a little better than Tramadol (Ultram). It doesn't help anything.

Other than those mild things I am doing okay. My weight is pretty steady. It was declining a little there for a while which had me kinda concerned but it has leveled out. I really wouldn't mind if I lost 50 pounds but hey - whatever. I guess that's about it for now. Really need to stop blogging and start studying for mid terms this week. I'll keep ya posted. Stay tuned.

No comments: