Thursday, July 23, 2009

still no answers

Finally got the MRI and just wasted about $1,000!!! My pancreatic duct is normal which I guess is a good thing but doesn't explain anything. The doctor is getting pretty good at telling me what I don't have. I'd like for someone - anyone - to figure out what is actually wrong with me and why and then fix it.

I am frustrated and I don't want to live the rest of my life having to run to a bathroom 12 times or more a day and waking up in the middle of the night to poop! Would you?

Cleveland Clinic?
Mayo Clinic?
Anyone...anyone???
Bueler??

1 comment:

BrightSide said...

Oh Jenni, that's so frustrating! But I don't think you're out of options yet!

Have you had a colonoscopy and what's the one down the throat called? (Endoscopy? Enteroscopy? Something like that.) In order to visually see if there is ulceration/inflammation of the intestines and/or colon?

You might also want to get a second opinion. I've heard that people often get some progress when a new set of doctor's eyes are looking into the problem.

Also, have you tried an elimination diet and food journal to track down your most troublesome foods?

Hang in there! It may take time but I'm sure things will get better.

~Bright Side