Friday, May 8, 2009

The New Goal

I'm making a new goal. First I must tell you that I will be reaching my first goal of being off of Prednisone by the end of May. My last milligram of Prednisone will be taken on Friday, May 15th to be exact. That alone is reason enough to celebrate and praise God!!!

My new goal is to start a workout routine and completely revamp my diet. The workout starts today. Yea, I know, it's Friday and a stupid day to start a workout but I am one of those people who puts things off for the fresh start on Monday, or the first of the month, or the first of the millennium and then it never happens. So today I start. I have some help with the workout part but I can't mention it here for reasons of copyright laws and such. God forbid I accidentally endorse someone without them being properly compensated!

As for my diet - which will really have to start on Monday because I have some wonderful stool samples still let to do that require me to eat a high fat diet - it will be based on smarter eating decisions, portion control and cutting out most dairy, fried and acidic foods (tomatoes, pop, citric things etc). I am also thinking of eliminating chocolate totally but I am concerned about making unattainable goals. I might need to mull that over some more.

My stomach issues are still there and I am still going to the bathroom a gazillion times a day but ironically not losing weight. This is aggravating to me not only because I gained almost 40 lbs in the last seven months because of Prednisone (and I totally used that as an excuse to over eat to be honest) but also because it drives me crazy that I am one of the few overweight people with Crohn's. Aren't all Crohnies supposed to be bone thin? I was once...what happened??? Anywhoo.... I am having some pain here and there as well and my back and hips are still really bothering me. But you know what, I'm going for this lifestyle change anyway. I am determined and now I have put it in writing for the whole world to see. Keep me accountable okay???

2 comments:

BrightSide said...

Hi Jenni!

Great goal! I've tried to start a light work out plan so many times but lack the motivation and encouragement. What would you say to making a kind of joint encouragement-pact? Email me if you're interested. I even have a wiki set up with access for my friends where we can record our plans and track progress etc. (yeah, I'm a nerd). :)

Kathryn Hopkins said...

Not all of us Crohnies are thin - I'm in your boat! I've never lost weight (only gained), even with frequent bathroom breaks.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to moving again in a month or two, as well!