Friday, April 24, 2009

What are the odds?

I had my colonoscopy yesterday. Thank the Lord for the anesthesiologist - he was awesome!! I got lots of great knock out drugs. That always helps.

I still have a small spot of active Crohn's where my large and small intestines were sewn back together after my resection in 1996. Not sure why that hasn't cleared up with all the Prednisone I've been taking. I am also awaiting biopsy results to see if I have microscopic colitis. That's interesting. How do you get two diseases in one shot? What are the odds of that? I don't know. I need to do more research on this. Anyone know anything about it?

I think the "prep" is still running it's course. I can't seem to stay out of the bathroom today - which is making work fun. Or not. I will post the results of the biopsies as soon as I get them. Until then I am to remain on 5 mg of Prednisone and just chill till the results come in. Should only be a few more days.

Please say some prayers for GutsyGirl...she is having surgery today. You can read her blog here.

No comments: