Monday, March 9, 2009

So how AM I doing?

I actually have 15 minutes to stop and let you all know how I am doing on 10 mg of Prednisone. I am okay but not great. After all the tests and no active disease showing up I am convinced that I need to be off of the steroids so I am going to suck it up and tapper down regardless of the fact my restroom visits have increased from about 2 a day to about 8 a day. I keep telling myself that it's stress from work, my family, and I really haven't taken time to rest like I should.

Funny story - we went roller skating this past weekend with the youth group. So much fun until I fell right on my behind! I jarred my already aching back so bad I felt it in my neck when I hit the ground. OUCH! So now my back, hips and even my ribcage hurt. But it was so much fun!!! But it reminded me I need more rest. I am way over doing it lately and need to back off the activities for a while. I am convinced rest will settle down whatever I have going on in my belly. At least I hope so. That is what I am telling myself anyway.

My stomach hasn't been hurting a whole lot lately. Just a few twinges every now and then. And the only headaches I am having I am sure are from the ever changing weather in lovely Ohio. One day it's snowing and the next day it's 70 degrees. That would give anyone a headache.

I see Dr. GI next Thursday so hopefully he will take me down to 5 mg and I can stop using the steroids as an excuse to over eat and try to get rid of the extra weight I have gained. And let me tell you - I am ready to be rid of it!!!

3 comments:

BrightSide said...

Someone isn't listening to my "Crohn's Tips". *laughs*

Hope you feel better soon!

foodies said...

Hey Jenn!

I came across your blog and am trying to spread the word about this awesome protein drink for Crohn's.

My company has been asked by mix1 to help get the word out about their product. We're getting a ton of feedback about how mix1 helps people suffering from Crohn's, so we want to give some bottles away so more people can see if it works for them - we keep hearing how it really improves quality of life.

Have you heard of mix1? Here's a link to their FAQ page www.mix1life.com.

And since you're active in the social media world, we'd love to ship you a case to try and let us know what you think. If you think its good for you, you can help us spread the word and if not, we'd love your feedback.

If you're game, email me your shipping address and I'll have mix1 ship you a case this week:) Thanks and hope you're having a happy day!

Best,

Megan
megan@widefoc.us

And apologies for posting this as a comment - I couldn't find a way to directly contact you on your site.

J~E~N~N~I said...

Hmmmm, I think I have officially been solicited.