Monday, March 2, 2009

Quick update

I'm still on 10mg of prednisone and I hate it. It it making me crazy. I am doing okay in the way of potty and pain and could probably go down even further but the longer I take on the tapering process the better the results will be and the less chance I will have to go back up to go down. Those who have ever taken long term prednisone know exactly what I mean by that.

I successfully managed another pretty long road trip this past weekend. We went two states away for my daughter's Junior Bible Quiz tournament. They won 2nd place - awesome! I didn't have any restroom issues at all and didn't even have any cramping issues or massive pain issues either. That was a total plus!

We are home for the next two weekends and then we get to go on another road trip for the JBQ State Finals. I'm not looking forward to the trip but it should be good once we actually get where we are going.

I am pretty sure I have an appointment with Dr. GI on the 19th of this month. I am hoping to go down to 5mg by then - or maybe 7mg. I'm not sure how he will want to tapper me. Still looking forward to that goal of being steroid free by May!

No comments: