Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year - please KILL ME!

This year has not gotten off to a very good start and I am really praying it gets better soon!

We hosted a party for our youth group at church last night to ring in the new year and keep the kids off the streets, ya know. :) Well the party didn't start until 8pm. My stomach started hurting at about 4:30pm and it hasn't let up since.

I got through the party and had a great time in spite of the fact that I was in a lot of pain. I had taken a pain pill but it didn't do anything but make me a little more tired than I already was. I also worked yesterday so I was ready for bed by 9:30 anyway! But the kids were great and I am pretty sure none of them even knew I felt so horrible. That was a good thing - I wanted them to have a fun time and I am pretty sure they did. You may want to check out my Facebook - some videos and pictures may be surfacing soon. OH!

We got home about 2:30 am this morning and I fell asleep pretty quickly even though my stomach was hurting. I rekindled my friendship with the heating pad so that helped a little. But I awoke in the middle of the night (morning I guess) several times and couldn't go back to sleep for the pain. I haven't had this much pain in my stomach in a long time. It is curl up in a ball - want to shoot yourself in the head - nothing makes it go away - PAIN! And it hurts - a lot! It has even brought me to tears a few times today. Not good.

I've been on the couch with the heating pad most of the day watching my husband and daughter play with the new Wii Fit they got for Christmas. That has been the highlight of my day. Especially when my husband did step aerobics - now that was some good stuff right there!

I have little to no appetite and I am about ready to call in the extra 5mg of Prednisone if I still feel this bad tomorrow. (Please, God, stop the pain!) I am hoping that the pain subsides soon and everything gets back on an even keel in my gut so I don't have to go back up on the dosage. This is not how I envisioned my new year but hey, whatever. I could be going through this without the entertainment of watching my family in the never ending war to beat the high score on Wii ski jumping!

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

BrightSide said...

Hang in there! I think if your pain has increased suddenly, you might want to give your doctor's office a call and ask what he recommends- he may suggest you go to the emergency room or something.

I hope you feel better soon!