Monday, December 1, 2008

Another week...

I survived Thanksgiving! I ate so much food but felt really good about it. Spent some quality time with my brother-in-law and niece. Good times.

I also got my hair trimmed up but ever since then I can really see how the prednisone has rounded out my face. I look very bloated and swollen in my cheeks. I HATE the prednisone moon face. I feel like a freak. No amount of make up can hide it either. And yes, I realize that my complaining about my appearance is very selfish and in the grand scheme of things the moon face is the last thing I should be worried about but come on - when the side effects happen - and land on your face - it is disturbing. And it doesn't do much for the depression either.

So it's back to work another week and try to survive until the weekend when I can recoup some more. If anything exciting between now and then happens I will let you know. But in the meantime check out Bright Side's blog and sign up for the online Crohn's chat!! This is an awesome way for Crohn's suffers and those who love us to get together and support each other and give an encouraging boost because we all need that from time to time. At least I do.

Blessings to all...

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Aw, I'm sorry to hear you've had to go on Prednisone and have been in hospital recently. Moon face is so hard to deal with. I really hated mine because not only did I not feel like myself, I didn't look like myself anymore either.

Complaining about it is not selfish or shallow--it's just honest. It's hard to deal with the fact that you need medication and it has these implications for your body.

I hope you can be Pred-free soon.