Friday, December 12, 2008

Another 3 weeks

I saw Dr. GI yesterday - after a 2 1/2 hour wait!!! He said that I need to stay on 15 mg of Prednisone for three more weeks to get through the holidays and make sure I am really healing before I move down to 10 mg. I'm good with that. I'm not fond of the 10 pounds I have gained in the last 2 weeks but I'm okay with staying on the 15 mg a little longer to make sure when I do go down I can stay down.

I have also decided not to let this Christmas season get me down like I usually do. Family drama consumes my life around this time of year and really - I think I'm the only one who is bothered by it. Apparently that is because I am the only one who allows it to bother them. But that is about to stop. This time of year is about the one gift that was already given to us that we can't earn and we sure don't deserve and that is Jesus Christ. Everything else is just not all that important.

So I am going to enjoy the food, fun and festivities. We will probably go ahead and finally put the tree up this weekend - I had been putting it off hoping no one would notice. Little did I know my daughter noticed. Who would have guessed? She is nine and not really full of much Christmas spirit and I think that is mostly my fault. Her little eyes watch every thing I do. That is pretty scary! I think it's time to break out the decorations and get that child full of merriness - ya think?

All in all I have been feeling okay. Not too many horrible side effects bothering me lately. Just being hot and sweaty a lot. I'm shaking pretty significantly too but I am sure it's only the Prednisone. That seems pretty consistent with symptoms I have always experienced while on it. I'm sleeping okay - not great, but okay. I'm not too awful nauseous and the head pain is mostly gone too. My stomach is a little more achy than I would like but I think it will settle down soon just like everything else seems to have. I've managed to work every day for the last two weeks!!! YEA!!! I'm actually quite proud of myself for that.

I hope all is well in your corner of the world. Blessing to you!

No comments: