Tuesday, November 4, 2008

OH NO - THE "P" WORD!!!

I saw my old GI today and he can fix everything - as usual. However it is going to take some Prednisone. I am NOT happy about that but I am going to trust in God that the side effects won't effect me like they have in the past, however I am still well aware they could happen.
Please enjoy my "stolen off of someone else's website" picture...

Being on Prednisone in the past caused the following problems for me:

Almost unbearable joint pain in my wrists, elbows, knees, and hips. (Weird, I know. The dreaded "P" usually helps joint pain. I'm an oddball though)

Major increase in appetite and 20 to 30 pounds of weight gain. So much for the weight I lost. Good thing all my clothes will still fit when I get fatter.

Insomnia.

Moon face only a mother could love.

Did I mention hunger?

Yeast infections in my mouth and other places...

Itchy teeth - I can't explain it but my teeth actually itch!

Intense HUNGER!

Mood swings that would put a psychotic bipolar paranoid schizoid to shame. Can't wait to explain this in a court of law - again.

Increased appetite.

The ability to become steroid dependant in less than two weeks and be unable to decrease the Pred to less than 10 mg a day. Joy.

At least I know what I am possibly in for. But now I have God on my side, a daughter to maintain a steady attitude around, and lots of support from my husband and friends. Too bad I still have that pesky job to cause me stress. Is totally flipping out on Prednisone grounds for termination? I hope not.

Thursday (gotta get prescription filled) I start 20mg twice a day for 2 weeks and then revisit Dr. GI. Hopefully, God willing, this time I can get on and off the Pred fast and get all fixed and be better in no time. We'll see.

Please share your horrid Prednisone stories with me so I don't feel so alone.

No comments: