Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bring on the FOOD!!

Dr. GI has decided it would be best if I went back up to 15 mg of the Prednisone. He also feels that some of the headache pain I am feeling is from sinus problems as well as ocular migraines from the Prednisone. So he gave me an antibiotic to help alleviate the head/eye/face pain and get me through the 15 mg for the next two weeks. Then I go back and we reassess. That is much better than Methotrexate or Pentasa in my book. Except for the fact that I am not feeling like I have a sinus infection or anything but hey - he's the doctor. And what do you call the guy who graduated last in medical school - Doctor. HAHAHA!!

Anyway, I am feeling like a human being today. I am pretty sure it all boils down to a state of mind and most days my state of mind is not the greatest. It is hard to remain positive when you feel sick all the time. But I am trying and that is the main thing. Plus I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. That is the BEST when you are on Prednisone. You have a great excuse to make a pig out of yourself. "Oh, is it really my eighth piece of pumpkin pie? I didn't realize - must be the Prednisone." "Oh, there is no more stuffing left? That's cause I ate it all - I'm on Prednisone ya know." "It's three o'clock in the morning and I haven't stopped eating since 2:30 yesterday afternoon? I'm sorry - I can't help it. I'm on Prednisone!" I can't WAIT!!! Bring on the FOOD!!! I'M SOOOOOOOO HUNGRY!!

I have always loved Thanksgiving because I love food and I love to eat and it is always some how satisfying to know that I can eat as much as I want to and never get the bloated feeling everyone else gets because I will just be in the bathroom within a half hour after eating anyway. See, Crohn's does have it's advantages. Plus... the best part of all is I haven't gained any weight in four weeks so I have a reason to eat. Praise GOD! This just keeps getting better and better.

Oh - and I'm not fired. My boss and I had a long discussion and things seem to be okay for now. I am thankful for that this year for sure.

I sure hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and feels good while they eat their turkey. If you have any leftovers send them my way! What's that stuff in turkey that makes you tired? Tryptophan....

God bless...

No comments: