Thursday, October 30, 2008

You're fired!


Well I went all Donald Trump and fired my GI and asked that my records be transferred to the GI who orignially diagnosed my Crohn's and has treated me since 1994. He isn't retired yet. He switched practices and is apparently going to continue seeing patients for another year or so. I have an appointment on Tuesday. I am kind of excited to see what he will do to fix me. I should have just stayed with him the whole time but I knew he was either retired or getting ready to retire. I figured finding a new doctor was an enevitable thing and it was going to have to happen sooner or later anyway so I might as well do it now. BIG MISTAKE! I think I will hang on to Dr. G (don't know if I am allowed to mention his name on a blog or not) for as long as I can. Oh to be rich and famous and be able to hire someone to be your personal physician for all times! So we wait until Tuesday for some REAL answers to my problems. If he says he can't do anything I am going to have my husband shoot me to put me out of my misery.

1 comment:

BrightSide said...

Nice one! I've noticed that some doctors tend to be a lot less, um, proactive when it comes to treating patients. The best thing people can do for themselves is to make sure that their doctors is AT LEAST trying all the tests and options. At least one small good thing about Crohn's is that there are a large number of treatment options once you have a diagnosis. Good luck with your new(old) doc!