Thursday, October 9, 2008

My guts...

Well here we are folks. Lovely pictures of my insides. The pictures didn't scan as well as I hoped they would and I would like to work on making them a little more visible but I don't have time right now. So here's what I found out:
The first picture shows a diverticulum in my stomach. I named him Dave.
The second picture shows some active Crohn's where my small and large intestine were sewn back together after my resection in 1996. It's mild but it enough that I was given Entocort to help it. (NO PREDNISONE!!! YAY!!)
I included the last picture for fun - it's the internal hemorrhoids in my rectum. Aren't you glad I shared?
The doctor did a couple biopsies and he is checking for Celiac disease. I will get the results next week.
I still feel pretty bad and very sore and tired but all in all today was the best day I have had in about three weeks.
I've said it before and I will continue to say it - God is in control and I will just keep swimming. I'm way too bullheaded to give up now!

No comments: