Sunday, September 28, 2008

A bad weekend

I have had a pretty miserable weekend with my stomach. It started Friday when I thought I was either going to drop dead right there at my desk at work from the pain I was having in my stomach. It has really been a while since I have had to deal with pain issues. But it has come back and it's making up for lost time I think. Being doubled over and getting goosebumps from the pain because you are so cold but sweating because the pain is so bad you are hot is not fun. I almost left work early but I was able to stick it out until 4:30! I'm proud of my shear bullheadedness!

There are two things that have happened to me since the last time I battled a severe flare up that I think will make me a much better fighter this time around if this is truly a Crohn's flare up. What are they you ask? Well, now I have Jesus in my corner for 1 and that is the most important. But 2, I am a heck of a lot more stubborn than I used to be. I'm not going down without a fight this time. I have so much built up anger and frustration that I am going to channel into a major smackdown of whatever it is that is causing me massive pain and massive amounts of diarrhea every day. It will be figured out and it will be fixed. But back to my weekend.

So by Friday night I was feeling a little better so we went to a great banquet called Light for the Lost. It was about missionaries who go to different areas of the world to teach people about the saving grace of Jesus. It was really cool and I have to give a lot of credit to these people who give there lives over to serving God is other countries. They are amazing!

Saturday morning started off okay. I got to sleep in a little. Jay was at work and our daughter had spent the night with a friend. Jay was coming home around noon and we were going to meet a bunch of the kids from our youth group to see the new Christian movie Fireproof (view trailer here). I wanted to be good and not put too much in my stomach because I didn't want to make forty two trips to the bathroom during the movie. But alas, I did eat some popcorn though. Seriously, who can go to the movies and resist the large tub of artery clogging goodness? NOT ME! So I ate a little popcorn but really, not as much as I normally do. AND I successfully made it through the movie without have to go potty. A small feat when you have been "going" as much as me lately. I loved the movie and I highly recommend it by the way. :) Two thumbs up - honestly! But no sooner did we get out of the movie theater than I had to poop. And so it began.

So we left the movies and had to go pick up our kid from her friend's house but those who went to the movie with us wanted to go eat so we ran and got the kid and ran back to the restaurant to feed our faces.

To my amazement I think someone with a healthy gut possessed my body for a while because I ordered the salad bar. I NEVER order the salad bar. But it looked (and tasted too) so good I just couldn't resist. My bowels on the other hand objected with something that could only be classified as pure evil! Before we left the restaurant I had to go again.

We somehow got involved in going to two soccer games. Some of the kids in our youth group were playing and we really didn't have much else to do Saturday but laundry and really - who wants to do laundry?? So we make our way all the way to the south part of Dayton. Long trip for us. I think I was supposed to be in charge of directions but I was really tired and literally just texted my husband (who was in the car right beside me) with the directions I had on my phone. Needless to say, we got lost. But we got lost next to a gas station so when I had to go again, we were in a place to facilitate my needs. Thank you, God!

So I finished BM number 3 since the movie had let out and we were back on the road with the right directions and we made it to the field just in time to catch the 2nd half of the first game. I have to commend my husband's very talented driving abilities now as he saved us from a near fatal head on collision. And not because he took an illegal left turn into on coming traffic or anything so please don't think that had anything to do with it.....

Once I got out of the car I scanned the area for the restrooms. Wouldn't ya know it - porta-poopers! I am pretty sure that everyone hates porta-poopers. Especially those of us who have no choice in the matter of having to use them. So that made me a little nervous. Well the more you get nervous the more you have to go. Or at least it works that way for me.

We didn't make it half way to the bleachers at the game when I had to stop and turn around and head for the dreaded porta-pooper. Gross and disgusting as usual. I actually took a picture of myself while I was in the turquoise box from H-E double hockey sticks specifically to put on this blog but I thought that may be a little over the top so I will refrain from posting it. :) You're welcome.

After one more trip to the porta-pooper - this time in the DARK! I got a little disoriented and I felt very weak. I told Jay I needed to go home and he happily obliged. I came home and went straight to bed. Three more bouts of diarrhea and a little crying and I was out cold.

The pain has eased up a little but the diarrhea doesn't seem to want to leave and the Flagyl is NOT helping at all. I called the doctor and he prescribed me Ultram. The drug that does NOTHING. I almost didn't get it filled but I thought hey, maybe it will work this time. Me - always the optimist. And you will agree to just about anything after you poop out your guts 8 different times in the matter of 5 hours.

Today was church this morning followed by a nice lunch and then another service this evening where I got to listen to my best friend from high school preach. It was awesome. 16 years ago I never would have thought that I would ever voluntarily go watch this guy preach in a church. I have to say - he was amazing! He has a cool blog at http://theoldmusicbox.blogspot.com/ if ya'll want to check it out. And the best part was I only had to poop once during service. Small feats are a good thing.

Well I am very tired and can barely keep my eyes open at this point. Feel free to let me know about your weekend. Talk to ya soon - God bless!

1 comment:

BrightSide said...

I'm sorry to hear about your bad weekend. :( I hope you feel better soon. Your paragraph about putting the smack down on what's wrong with you was great! It really inspired me to stay tough with my challenges too. Good luck!